All is (not) Fair


I wrote beauty and the beast when my little boy was 4yrs old, it was difficult to explain him why we have different skin color. Now he is 6.5yrs and I think he is fairly mature for his age. The same old question popped up recently but this time, he had a solution.

‘Mom, I was born in Australia and why do I still have different color?’
‘Baby, its doesn’t matter where you were born, we are still your parents. You get what we got’. 

He thought about it for a while and said ‘ Why can’t we all have same color, like everyone in this world’.

It really melted my heart hearing him say that, in his little mind he had a solution for unfairness. But.. Yes, there is a big BUT…



How do I tell him that babies get killed in some parts of this world just because it’s a GIRL.

How do I tell him that there are children in this world who had to walk 5 km everyday to get a decent education?

How do I explain him that people kill each other and call it honor killing in the name of religion

How do I tell him that this world will throw unfairness at your face when you become an adult and call it Luck

How do I protect him from losing hope on this world so early? Should I just brush him off now and let the reality sink in when the time comes? 
  
All is not fair now, we all work our way through. I never asked WHY? or WHY NOT ME? I just accepted the life as it came and just lived. 

I think it’s time to create healthy future like our predecessors did for us. Don’t you think?  I would love to see All is fair becomes true to a much better extent when my little boy turns 20..

I would prepare him to face this world, treat everyone equally with kindness and respect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost and Found myself..

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

My dear pre-teen..