Lost and Found myself..

IndiBlogger - The Largest Indian Blogger Community
Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers
Rule of thumb for a blind date is to trust the process and to go on a date with no/zero expectation. You do not know who you are meeting until you see them. You cannot check their FB profile or see their stories in Insta. You go there with open mind. If you are lucky, you get a wonderful experience and stories to tell your grand children.

Mine was no different, I must say I was always lucky with my blind dates. I have had so many experience of this. However, it was not like I didn't have a choice. Like most of you I too had a conventional way, but choose another way.  I'm talking about my blind dates with this world.

Would you dare to go on a blind date with this world? I would. I certainly would.

I love the idea of exploring the world, a new place without a map/GPS in hand. I just love the idea of embracing the local culture without reading a travelogue. I just love to taste local food at a street shop in a small alley 'coz local people eat there. I get to experience the best of any city/country without being touristy-polluted.


I would go on the blind date with the world in every opportunity I get. I would get lost and found again. No, it is not scary. Getting lost never scared me. When you try to get lost in a strange city/country with complete strangers, you realise how big the world is and how tiny is the ME. Complete reality check. 

PC:Google Images


Imagine this, you are not in your comfort zone. You don't know anyone. You can be you, you don't have to pretend. You can be little more than you. You can be a little adventurous. You can be silly. You can be anything you want to be. No one is watching you. You are just another tourist for anyone who sees you. But, by being you or more than you or being silly, you can write many stories about yourself. You discover something new about yourself.  You don't have to be found again until you decide to be. How good is that?

I have lost myself in every city of all the countries I have visited so far. The feeling when you find yourself after a long tired day can't be explained, but to experience it yourself.  It’s not the top 10 things to do in the city, it’s not the must-to-do things. I re-discover myself on that one blind date in every trip I take.

You don't have to fly to a new country to experience this, just explore your own city. You will surprise yourself with your experience. To be in a comfort zone and know it all is different. When you get lost in a city with complete strangers, you start to appreciate things differently. You start to notice the little things that are normal and things that you have taken for granted for years.

By following what is written in a guidebook, I feel I 'm actually experiencing someone else’s journey. I want to write mine by just following my footsteps. 

It will only happen if you start trusting the world. It’s not the war, it’s not the global warming, it’s not about the bad guys. There is so much more to it. KINDNESS-it’s a magic word and this world is full of it...Kindness you receive from strangers is bigger than everything. The kindness I have received healed my wounds and I came out stronger trusting the world.

You never know how your date is going to go, if it gets awkward you always have that one friend who you can call to be rescued. You can always take a cab and go back to your hotel. Most of all if you are going on a blind date, you are courageous.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 to Twelve - Wisdom Sparkles

Dream a new dream